tamea burd photography | about
a little bit about me:
The three most breathtaking things I've ever seen are:
1. The Chagall window at the Art Institute of Chicago.
2. The sun setting like a fire over the Grand Canyon.
3. The full moon shining on the winter mountains in the beautiful Bella Coola Valley.
My heros are Muhammad Ali, Richard Brautigan, Atticus Finch, Cornel West, and Princess Leia. I've been a full-time professional photographer for 8 years. It always amazes me how light can make anything beautiful. Dorothea Lange is my favourite photographer and my inspiration.
One of the most important things of all...
I knew I was a photographer from the time I held my first camera. (It was a little, clunky Kodak 110, way back in the early 1980's.) I've been taking pictures for over 20 years now. It's what I love best. It's what I do best. That love goes into every one of the photos I take.
Some of my clients...
- Aon Reed Stenhouse
- RBC Royal Bank
- Chapters Indigo
- T.D. Waterhouse
- Fred C. Lowther Family Law
- Terra Housing Consultants
- Working With Wellness Counselling
- Instream Energy Systems
- PPI Solutions Inc.
- Tourism Toronto
- Canadian Association of Second Language Teachers
- MLF Event Architecture
- Film and television actor Peter Kelamis
- Global Securities Corporation
- Roland Canada Music Ltd.
- Murray Jamieson Law Firm
- TD Vancouver International Jazz Festival
- Standard Life Assurance
- Macquarie Capital Markets
- Carpenter Real Estate Group
- Award winning author Jamella Hagen
- TD Canada Trust Scholarships
- Sarah Morgan Events
- Mortgage Brokers Association of
British Columbia (MBABC)
- White Lake Organics
- Incendio Restaurants
- TSS Consulting Group
- June Goldsmith (C.M., O.B.C.)
- Positive Change Counselling
- The Meridian Aging Project
- Cartoonist Doug Savage
(creator of 'Savage Chickens')
- Consitutional & Human Rights
Lawyer, Dr. Melina Buckley
- True North Mortgage
- Cypress Capital Mangagement
- Vantage Point Law
Going Green - Being an eco-friendly photographer:
As a photographer, I'm committed to maintaining an eco-friendly, ethical business. I practice environmental awareness and conservation in every way I can:
All photos are distributed exclusively in digital format. I recycle and use recycled and sustainable materials.
All of my professional lighting uses compact fluorescent bulbs.My business supplies are bought locally to Vancouver whenever possible. All of my clients are encouraged to make eco-friendly choices.
Vancouver television appearances:
I've enjoyed being a guest on CBC's 'Living Vancouver', on Shaw TV's 'Urban Rush', and also enjoyed making several appearances on 'Vancouver Breakfast Television'. Below are clips from some of my favourite interviews...
Photographer tips on looking great when you pose for photos.
- CityTV's 'Breakfast Television:
Photographer tips on preparing your children for a photo-session.
- CBC's 'Living Vancouver':
Photographer tips on looking your very best in photos.
- Shaw TV's 'Urban Rush':
Other media and press:
Tamea Burd Photography is a featured vendor on the Vancity Bride website.
I'm a showcased photographer in the internationally-renowned online Saatchi Gallery
I'm featured in an article on the AfterCapture Photography Blog.
I'm featured in an Inside Graphics interview
I'm featured in Freshdaily - arts & entertainment website - in a Freshdaily interview